Sign in to follow this  

Nvidia tweak QUERY

Guest eskeemer

I would like to apply the tweak to the cfg file but I am usingwindows 98 so if I add the following lines will it work.?"DISPLAY.Device.NVIDIA Drivers on Win98Mode=1024x768x32AntiAlias=1TriL=0"can someone please advise, is this OK if not, what is wrong?thanks a lot ericPS do I need to remove existing lines and which ones?

Guest firehawk44

It should work. This is unknown territory for many and you can only go by trial and error. Make sure the top line is in brackets. You will also have to put a line in your display.cfg since there is no corresponding line "NVIDIA Drivers on Win98" in that cfg file as follows (suggestion):;----------------------------------------------------------------------; NVIDIA Drivers on Win98;----------------------------------------------------------------------[nv4_disp.dll]Disable=1[nv4_disp.dll.1]MinDriverRev=5.13.01.1241Disable=2If it doesn't work or your frames are worse, you can simply delete the lines you just added.Jim

1. Run DXDIAG and print a report.2. Look at the Display Devices sectionIn mine I have the following:---------------Display Devices--------------- Card name: NVIDIA GeForce FX 5900 Manufacturer: NVIDIA Chip type: DAC type: Device Key:EnumPCIVEN_10DE&DEV_0331&SUBSYS_1945270F&REV_A100F000 Display Memory: 127.0 MB Current Mode: 1024 x 768 (32 bit)(optimal refresh rate) Monitor: Samsung SyncMaster 17GLsi Monitor Max Res: 1280,1024 Driver Name: nvdisp.drv Driver Version: 4.14.0010.4523 (English)... etc etc ....You need to create an entry like this:;---------------------------------------------------------------------; NVIDIA GeForce FX5900 on 9x;---------------------------------------------------------------------[000010DE:00000331:nvdisp.drv]PanelAsTexture=1Notice how the "10DE" and the "0331" camefrom the Device Key, and the "nvdisp.drv" came fromthe Driver Name section.I put the "PanelAsTexture=1" after experimenting with values of "0", "1" and "2". "1" seemed most stable.