Sign in to follow this  
Guest grb

Military aircraft for use as AI.....

Hi all,Just wondering if anyone has compiled a list of Military aircraft thatactually function well in FS2002...........Where the landing gearsare fully functional, the speeds and flight characteristics allow theaircraft to work well when setting up flight plans for them. The beacon, strobe, wing tip lights actually work etc..As most if not all of you are aware, many of us download all the slick looking models only to find out the designer did not design them to be used as AI as is the case with the Stock planes. Even Reamers Canadian F18 does not function as well as it could whenused as AI, for instance it always keeps the cockpit open as if it is sitting on a runway! The only aircraft I had ever gotten to work a 100 percent light wise/and gear wise etc., is a wildcat I had designed some two yearsago using GMAX and following all the rules to make it usuable for AI.But I simply do not have the time nor the talent to construct fromscratch USA modern fighter aircraft for use at the many Mil airports I have built up using AFCAD and Airport For Windows.The only success has been to use a Lear Jet Stock airfile for instance for the Doug Reamer F18 and adjust the Engine Static Thrust to less then a quarter of what his original had. In order to get aplane that would fly and land without crashing, and seem to take off without just zooming up to altitude which is super-un-realistic!Yes I have AIREDIT, but lets face it........most of us have no idea what to change in the air file to modify the flight characteristics, mostly to slow the damn planes down, but still allow them to reachaltitudes and fly in a given speed range once at altitude.So I would appreciate if anyone has provided a list of USA Military planes that they actually found operated somewhat realistically as AI.Thanks for any feedbackGeorge

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!