Sign in to follow this  
BobKK47

ATIS for destination airport.

FSX SP2ASE build 586FSUIPC4 registeredRadar Contact 4.3I know this question has been discussed previously but I'm still trying to get a definitive solution (if one exists). In a flight I made today with DWC on, the wx was very accurate along the entire route, in the sense that FSX was accurately depicting the wx corresponding to the ASE METAR info. (winds aloft, sky conditions etc).The only problem I had was when I received my last wx briefing from RC via ATIS for my destination airport. ATIS had the wind speed/direction way off from what ASE was reporting for the airport. As a result, RC ATC was vectoring me to RWY 18 to land when, based on the prevailing wind at the airport, I should have been vectored to RWY 36. (The prevailing wind at the airport was from the northeast). This was a small uncontrolled airport and there were no AI aircraft landing or taking off. (However I did update the AI in ASE prior to initiating the flight). Apparently RC was reading the winds at my current location at the time it gave me the vectoring instruction, while I was still in the air, rather than the winds at the destination airport. Note that prior to landing, I cancelled IFR, closed RC and tuned in the default FSX ATIS for the airport and it was also not giving me the correct wind information. Anyone know of a solution? Thanks.

Hi Bob,The solution will always be the same, turn off DWC and make sure you use the Refresh AI Traffic Icon in ASE after ASE and FS are loaded as you did.