Sign in to follow this  

Can't Install FS2004... Help!

When I select complete custom install... This is the message I get:"Setup cannot install system files or update shared files if the files are in use. Before continuing, close any open applications."I have closed EVERYTHING twice... I have gone to CTL-ALT-DEL to the "Close Program" box and have clicked off everything except explorer... and I keep trying to install and I get the same message.Can ANYONE tell me what is wrong???I'm going crazy... I just uninstalled 6 gigs of FS2002 and have no flight program... I'm going for a biennial flight review tomorrow in a real airplane after 3 years of not flying and all I wanted to do was practice some.Thank you so very much whoever and wherever the answer comes from. It sure won't come from Microsoft without a price!!God bless!

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Well I finally solved the problem. I tried the express install and things started working. DX 9 was installed and then I halted the process, backed out and went back to install in the complete install. It worked fine that time. Must have needed DX 9 on first!?!