Sign in to follow this  

Comm frequency interference in FS2004

Today i made an IFR flight from Sydney to Brisbane, after contacting 119.80 Brisbane Centre and about 40 miles from YBBN, the 119.80 channel becomes YBMC's ATIS. It is so annoying that I can't contact ATC at all or even cancel my IFR flight, since the ATIS occupied the frequency all the time. Eventually I lost all the ATC option, even I tuned to the brisbane tower it just reads "no messages to anyone". No big deal, I can land at YBBN by myself. However when I was 7 miles from YBBN, the ATC window somehow pops up and let me choose "Contact tower". Cool, I pressed 1 and guess what - FS9 crashed.Well, channel overlapping happens in somewhere else. eg NZCH's ATIS overlaps with NZWG's ATIS. So tunning to 127.2 and you will either hear ATIS from NZCH or NZWG, which one you hear is purely by luck....Well, there's another reason to show how useful AFCAD is... just turn that damn ATIS off. From now on I Have to divert all my flights from Brisbane to somewhere else until october. :)

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

I posted this same problem several days ago however got no response so I assumed I was the only one with it. My flight however was from Brisbane heading north. I have found a work around by not changing to 119.8 when requested to. Eventually the atc window pops up with the next frequency & things return to normal. I have a couple of mates testing this for me on their machines & so far one of them is yet to have this problem. The other will be out of town for a few days so can't test it till he gets back. I'm considering a reinstall to see if that solves it. One other thing - have you got the nocd crack installed? I have however my friend doesn't yet. So I'll try changing back to the original fs9.exe & see if that changes anything before I reinstall.Rossco