Sign in to follow this  
Guest Leonardo

GA Trafficmaker

I finally have my setup tweaked to where I am comfortable with everything, and have now started using PAI aircraft. I have disabled all default AI, but since PAI aircraft are commercial only, I have no GA aircraft. Somewhere (can't remember where), I read that GA Trafficmaker would be a good choice to add GA traffic to my sim, but when I looked into it it said that it is for FS2002, and also needs AFCAD (FS2004 version not ready till October). Has anyone out there successfully used GA Trafficmaker in FS2004? If so, is it worth the download? Any bad side effects or bugs due to it being a FS2002 program? Sorry if I rambled on.....:-)

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Shawn,I have been adding AI traffic using GA TrafficMaker for about two weeks now with NO ill effects. I updated the data files it uses like the ga_aircraft file and the airports file to correctly reflect my data from FS04. I used the latest version of TTools to gather all the airports. AFCAD is recommended in order to add gates to existing airports. It's not a concern of mine right now, because most airports in FS04 seem to have enough gates right now anyway.Hope this helps,JimActiveSky Support

I'm using PAI (mostly in US, Europe and South America) and have perfectly balanced traffic around, commercial and GA, and after I disabled those stupid Orbits, Landmarks, Pacificas and so on I can spot even some rare DC-3s around.