Sign in to follow this  
Guest russell

SBRelay Error creating 2004 session

Guest TangSooDo

Help, I've been trying to get FS9 set-up to go online but when I start SBRelay, I get the following error shown in the messages below.030821 18:33:50 Starting servers...030821 18:33:53 FS2002 server started030821 18:33:56 ERROR 0x80158185 creating 2004 sessionAny clue to what the problem is?I've followed the installation and startup procedures in the readme.txt file. I have fsuipc 3.03 and sbhost 1.0.2.1 dll's installed in the modules directory. I've registered Squawkbox in FSUIPC by cutting/pasting the name and key. I've also copied over the csl files and added the csl entries to fs9.cfg.Thanks for any help. -I'd sure like to get back to flying online!Dave

Guest russell

Hi Dave,That error means that DirectX is complaining that UDP port 6073 is already in use. This is a standard port that DirectX uses when making a multiplayer connection in FS2004 (even if you're just connecting within a local network, DirectX seems to want the port to be open). Users reporting this problem were able to solve it by turning off their firewall or disconnecting their router from the internet before starting SBRelay. Users have also reported that McAfee's PrivacyService can cause this error.Russellhttp://www.chocolatesoftware.com/sbrelay/