Sign in to follow this  
Guest jabberthecat

COF Default 737 - Vert Speed autopilot issue? not matching VSI - do you have this problem ?

Guest jabberthecat

It seems like my autopilot vert speed is not causingthe 737 to descend properly. The VSI guage is holding a steady 500 fpm.Didn't have this problem in FS2002.Are you seeing this ? What am I missing.Thanks,Myles

Guest jabberthecat

I have the GF-MCP.Maybe some GF users have seen this.If you 1. dial a lower alititude while the ALT-HOLD is on2. the VSI will not change to a default descent rate3. however the plane will pitch down to about 500 fpm descent4. if I instead turn off ALT-HOLD then5. dial in 1800 fpm descent6. dial in the desired altitide and reingage the ALT-HOLD7. the plane will pitch and hold fpm at 1800 instead of 500- Myles