Sign in to follow this  
Kumara

I want my Certificates!

Well, I had just finished to fly around the world in real weather on the Lockheed Electra, and already at 1/3rd of the excellent Wiley's FSX Real World Training for Pilots accumulating about 400 flying hours (half of them by night), and as much landings at around 200 different airports and about the same IFR hours, but then I decided to go back to basic and fly Rod Machado lessons, just to check my skills: I know I'm not a superb pilot anyway, but I can follow and read fairly well both my instruments and control my aircraft attitude, between landings and take offs; sometime the lessons end abruptly and apparently for no reasons, while other times they never end; as for my First Solo flight I accomplished it successfully about four times now, stopped on the runaway, received the congratulations of the instructor, but I'm not receiving any reward or certificate for it (well, I know actually it's not my first solo!); during the landing lesson part two, when Machado is supposed to handle the roll wings' attitude during my approach, I had to push all the time full left rudder to land on the runaway, since he complained in my previous effort I landed off it, while he was supposed to keep the heading!:mad:So I believe these ancient lessons are bug plagued for sure in FSX Acceleration, and a real undermining factor for any newbie who would like to enter the world of FSX, and besides I would really appreciate a more encouraging approach to teachings, and got some nausea of the silly jokes I have to listen again and again with no hope for a reward, or a useful remark about my failure... I really would hope someone may fix these lessons, or at least give me my certificates!Big%20Grin.gifThanks for reading my silly complaint.

Just an update: I discovered I may have a corrupted GrantedRewards.bin file since I successfully accomplished a new mission (Swiss Outing) and after landing the C172 on the Saanen runaway and received my bus ticket in the following screen (essential reward to go back home!:(), it didn't appear on my Pilot Records tab...At this moment I made a check by renaming the incriminated file, restarted the program and verified it recreated the file; in my Pilot Records I have all the rewards concerning flight hours and landings etc., but no mission rewards anymore: not really a problem, since I was thinking to re-fly the missions anyway, but I'm curious about the certificates too, and so my next step would be to first run the flight Solo Machado's lesson and see if I can get my certificate.Main issue and advice is to often back-up your FSX config folder (in Win7 is <username>/AppData/Roaming/Microsoft/FSX) and never edit your logbook entries from FSX but using the logbook Editor by Lamont Clark (lc0277)... It would be very helpful to be able to edit the GrantedRewards.bin file too, but not so crucial: of course it would be quite idiotic to use such tools to create a pilot's career without building up your skills with experience!Cheers.

Well GGG i guess I'm not the only one with problems. I just flew the solo 4 times and after my sharp turn I'm supposed to fly 110 head for the Tacoma narrows a/p. The FAA test pilot says to descend to 1300 at my discretion before arriving at left downwind. When I do descend he says nothing else even after way past airport. I turn around with the little message telling me to fly 110. Last flight I kept alt at 2000 and sure enough he has me turn to 170 just past a/p which is on my right then I descend to 1300 and he tells me the a/p is on the left. If i'm on left downwind isn't the a/p supposed to be on the right? I then get the ok to land runway 35. After landing I get my cert but i cant print it. The window recognizes my printer but will not print. Thanks Dan Shocked.gif