Sign in to follow this  
Guest thor10x

Please help with Ati HD 5800 series

Guest thor10x

My new Dell Studio XPS 435T i7 920 267 Ghz , Win7 64, 8gb Memory, Video Card ATI RADEON HD 5800 series (1 Mb memory) can' t play FSX sp2 Acceleration???? ... this is what happens ...Most terrain autogen disappears in to a blur a few seconds after I take off. It seems it takes the video card about 60 secods to populate most of what's around the aircraft therefore as I fly everything is a constant blur, no buildings (save from some skyscrapers in big cities), no trees, no nothing. If I pause the game then in about 30 seconds to a minute and half it will render all autogen ... It doesn't matter how slow I fly or how high ... same resultsIt doesn't matter how low or high I have set my scenery option or any other option ... same results I have tried many tweaks I have taken off the internet ... same results ...What is unbelievable is that my slightly older Dell 435 MT, i7 920 267 ghz, with Windows Vista 64, 6Gb Memory and ATI RADEON 4850 (512 mB MEMORY) can run FSX just fine!!What is the difference between the systems? Upgraded to Win7, more memory and a more powerful video card and yet ... can't play FSX sp2 Acceleration!!!!!I have read that FSX may not run with DirectX 11 in Win7 is that true? If so I do I go around it?Please Help if you can.

Guest firehawk44
My new Dell Studio XPS 435T i7 920 267 Ghz , Win7 64, 8gb Memory, Video Card ATI RADEON HD 5800 series (1 Mb memory) can' t play FSX sp2 Acceleration???? ... this is what happens ...Most terrain autogen disappears in to a blur a few seconds after I take off. It seems it takes the video card about 60 secods to populate most of what's around the aircraft therefore as I fly everything is a constant blur, no buildings (save from some skyscrapers in big cities), no trees, no nothing. If I pause the game then in about 30 seconds to a minute and half it will render all autogen ... It doesn't matter how slow I fly or how high ... same resultsIt doesn't matter how low or high I have set my scenery option or any other option ... same results I have tried many tweaks I have taken off the internet ... same results ...What is unbelievable is that my slightly older Dell 435 MT, i7 920 267 ghz, with Windows Vista 64, 6Gb Memory and ATI RADEON 4850 (512 mB MEMORY) can run FSX just fine!!What is the difference between the systems? Upgraded to Win7, more memory and a more powerful video card and yet ... can't play FSX sp2 Acceleration!!!!!I have read that FSX may not run with DirectX 11 in Win7 is that true? If so I do I go around it?Please Help if you can.
"I have read that FSX may not run with DirectX 11 in Win7 is that true? If so I do I go around it?" FSX was not programmed for DX11. It was partially programmed for DX10 (thus the DX10 Preview option). It was programmed for DX9 compatible hardware. However, if you have DX11 installed, it is backwards compatible and your video card will use DX10 or DX9, as applicable, when rendering. Microsoft Flight will probably be fully developed for DX11 compatible hardware.It sounds like you might have defective memory modules. Have you tested your memory modules? Defragging the harddrive will do wonders to a very sluggish system. FSX and all the addons simply throw files all over your harddrive when installing. Defragging puts these files back into order and makes programs run much much faster. If you are still having issues, turn your settings back to the default and see if the issue still occurs. I'm not exactly sure what you mean by "can't play FSX sp2 Acceleration". Your system should be able to run that program w/o any problems and the same as FSX. Do you mean you can't install Acceleration? Best regards,Jim

Guest thor10x
"I have read that FSX may not run with DirectX 11 in Win7 is that true? If so I do I go around it?" FSX was not programmed for DX11. It was partially programmed for DX10 (thus the DX10 Preview option). It was programmed for DX9 compatible hardware. However, if you have DX11 installed, it is backwards compatible and your video card will use DX10 or DX9, as applicable, when rendering. Microsoft Flight will probably be fully developed for DX11 compatible hardware.It sounds like you might have defective memory modules. Have you tested your memory modules? Defragging the harddrive will do wonders to a very sluggish system. FSX and all the addons simply throw files all over your harddrive when installing. Defragging puts these files back into order and makes programs run much much faster. If you are still having issues, turn your settings back to the default and see if the issue still occurs. I'm not exactly sure what you mean by "can't play FSX sp2 Acceleration". Your system should be able to run that program w/o any problems and the same as FSX. Do you mean you can't install Acceleration? Best regards,Jim
Basically what I have is 2 PC . One is a new upgrade Dell sent me because I had issues with the prior one which I'm about to ship back. Both system are basically almost the same. Older is a Mini Tower new is a huge Tower. Both have the same CPU as indicated earlier they differ as follows: Win Vista 64 ---> Win7 64 ATI RADEON 4850 512mb ---> ATI RADEON HD 5800 SERIES 1024 mb 6Mb Nemory ---> 8Mb Memory 500 Mb Hd ---> 1 terabyte HD Complete specs should be here: http://support.dell....D=STUDIOXPS435T I did a fresh install of FSX sp2 (Acceleration Pack) in the newer PC in an additional new internal HD I installed (Drive E) and got the problem. I then uninstalled FSX from E:\ and did a fresh install in the default C drive and got the same reults. I then installed FSX on the older PC and it worked fine.