Sign in to follow this  
Guest jkramer51

fs2002 crashing to desktop

I've been helping out on a project and so I've been doing some testing in 2002. Now it crashes to the desktop if I'm in full screen and alt+tab to the desktop then alt+tab to go back to 2002. I thought it was the add on I'm testing, but discovered it does it just starting up 2002 then going to the desktop & back. My 2004 works fine with no problems. I don't know if it started after loading directx 9b and also have the new nivida 45.23 driver for my fx 5200 ultra 128mgs video card. Need those dirver for 2004 for the 2d panels. I'm running win ME 512 mgs ram a 20 gig and 80 gig hd. Both flight sims are on the 80 gig D: drive. I haven't been running 2002 much since 2004 is working now. If I'm in windows mode it works fine. I'm running 1280x1024 32bit no AA But once it crashes and restart without rebooting I get the following message:Safe mode has been enabled because your system is currently unable to usehardware acceleration. While in safe mode, you will be able to run flight simulator and troubleshoot hardware issues, but performance and display quality will be affected. Product support services does not support safe mode. For more information, see the readm, which is available from the flight simulator link in your windows start menu. It has to be someting with the video. I'm also using a sb live value sound card.John

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!