Sign in to follow this  
Guest cloudtops

Source for sectional aeronautical charts?

I've moved through quite a few phases in my simming days and am just recently recovering from a long, hard-fought battle with a file library addiction. Hundreds of planes flown once, hundreds of flights installed and never flown, scores of panels tweaked and refitted for a plane flown once, gigabytes amassed and unceremoniously abandoned along an exhausting path to little personal satisfaction. I've moved over basically four planes (each with variants) to FS2004 and am trying to learn to fly them well one at a time starting with the Valmet L-70 Vinka (no autopilot available). I've started off on a little trek recently in the U.S. with the intent to explore North America in real time and real weather. VFR when I can, IFR when necessary. I started from home (KOKV - Winchester, Virginia) and have started heading northeast.PROBLEM: I'm running out of sectional coverage.ATTEMPTED SOLUTIONS:1) I've checked with my local airport shops, and each one is saving its outdated sectionals for other simmers, flight school instruction, or RW pilots who want to use them for gift-wrapping paper.2) I've bought a few new sectionals, but 37 sectionals to cover the continental U.S. at $4.00 a pop puts me out a fair bit I'd rather spend on other sim-related purchases or my lovely wife and children.3) Downloaded all of Uwe Rademacher's scanned images available in the library - good for orientation and overall route planning, but as yet unusable on paper for in-flight reference.4) I have a couple of RW pilot friends that are current, but they really only use the Washington and Cincinnati sectionals (have both already).Do you good folks have any recommendations as to sources for outdated paper or digitally scanned sectionals? I understand that FSNAV is a wonderful tool, but I enjoy this whole immersive "pretend I'm a pilot" thing and like my cockpit busier then my desktop.Thanks for your suggestions,Kevin

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!