Sign in to follow this  
Guest SoarPics

ATI 9800 or 9800pro

Which one should I get? The pro is $100 more. Is there a performance difference or is it just offer more features? Im currently using an 8500 but would like to improve my graphics. The ATI looks like the majority choice over the GeForce in this forum.thanks,Tommy

Guest SoarPics

Tell us more about the rest of your system...

>Tell us more about the rest of your system...That would probably be a good idea. :)Athlon xp2000 (1.6)Epox 8kha+ Motherboard256megs PC2100 ramATI Radeon 8500LESoundBlaster LiveI thought a new video card might make the biggest improvement but Im willing to change anything.thanks,Tommy

Guest Bigshot

Double your ram. You really need 512mb. Video card depends on your budget. If you're a bit tight, get the 9800NP. Can't go wrong. Start thinking about upgrading the processor. That'll be your next bottleneck after you add ram and change video cards.

Guest SoarPics

I agree with Bigshot. Go with the NP, and then put the $100.00 you save over the Pro version to upgrade other system components. RAM is the first... 512 is the minimum I'd do. Then the CPU, then...Man, ya just gotta love this flightsimming. :-)