Sign in to follow this  
Guest jmarcure

Around the world planning help

I have been flying "aimlessly" around different airports for quite some time now and am looking for some purpose to fulfill with FS2004. I have decided to attempt an around the world trip in either the Skyhawk or the Baron. Is there anyone who can provide some good resources for planning a trip around the world? Are there any good web site resources or flight planning tools that would aid in choosing an acceptable flight path? Any help or direction that can be provided would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!Dave

Guest Tim W

Well you could start by re-creating the London-Australia air race (see the flights menu) or re-create Lindbergh's flight in the Spirit of St Louis. There are many others too. I would also have loved to see Charles Kingsford Smith flight from the USA to Australia via Hawaii presented. After all they have the right a/c in FS9!You don't need a flight plan, Amy Johnson didn't have one! Amelia didn't A rough routing drawn on a map perhaps but thats about it.I started the London-Australia flight the other day in the de Havilland Comet. The hard part was the 0630 take off from Mildenhall in the dark. You should also turn off AI aircraft, it feels a little strange to be doing a flight in 1934 with the sky full of 737's and Dash 8's. It would also be nice to be able to turn back the clock on these flights and get the actual scenery of the day.Happy pioneering!RegardsTimhttp://www.cambridgeflyingclub.com/images/timavatar2.jpg

Guest OneTinSoldier

Hello Dave,There is a series of Adventures created by David Dossiere on the avsim library. I think it is made with using jets in mind though. But you might find them to work out for a GA Aircraft. I don't know, I haven't tried the packs out. You can find them by searching the avsim library using 'Extended Search' and searching for the filename 'hrw*.zip'. Here is a description of the first pack...File Description:While vacationing in The Falkland Islands a knock on your door awakens you from a restful sleep. You receive a challenge from a long time friend. With his deep pockets and sense of adventure he challenges you to fly around the world. Not just any flight of course but Hopping Round the World. Your goal is simple. Stay alive and get to the final destination point wherever that may be. Your biggest fear is the unknown; weather, airports, equipment failures, etc... You are provided all the equipment to complete this challenge. The plan is laid out and your adventure begins. (CJ)Tkae Care,Jim

Guest Milton

There is a set flight plans that focus on the mountainous beauty of the world. I created these in FS2000, we flew them several times in 2002, and are still appropriate for 2004.These plans are available in the Avsim library, search for "shupe" in the FS2002 Miscellaneous library. There are 30 routes posted covering all major continents and their mountainous regions, except Australia and the arctics. You can also get the complete set from here, which if flown serially, is a round-the-world trek: http://www.flightsimonline.comSadly, when we had to change web host several months back, we decided to scrap most of the website, over 100 pages, but these survived, though the individual supporting pages, pictures, maps, and descriptions of the areas were scrapped.Milton

Take a map or chart and draw a rough outline of a likely route beginning and ending at a point of your choosing (for example your hometown).Then find likely problems in that route (for example long oceanic crossings) and divert the route to places where you can avoid them.Take the amended route and divide it up into sections that are approximately the length you want a single flight to be and mark the endpoints.Then find airports near the marks you made that are large enough to take your aircraft.I usually also put in some scenic or otherwise interesting locations I want to visit and route through those.Doing it that way you actually have fun planning the tour.

Guest GabrielR
http://www.microsoft.com/games/flightsimul...world_intro.aspSeveral different Airplanes, a whole 'round the world trip, the best escenic routes for FS! actualy in Leg 8 of my 3rd trip around the world using this route. (Fs2000, FS2002, FS2004)It was designed for use in FS2000 by the MS team, but the landmarks are still there in FS2002 and also in FS2004.

Guest jmarcure

Just do it!I started flying from the east coast of the USA to the west coast using Bill Lyon