Sign in to follow this  
Guest Douglas K

Idle Speed

Guest BobL

AllI have a problem with the C182's idle speed. I use the PFC Cirrus II unit that has the built in throttle Quad with 1.55 driversHere's the problem, whenever I close the throttle, (sitting on the ramp, rolling down the runway after landing, during taxi,etc). The engine dies. It will immediately re-start without changing any controls but then dies again. Not until I move the throttle above 1000 RPM will it stay running.I have variants of the C182s that utilize the default airfile/cfg as well as Ron Freimuth's FS2002 version and RealAir's FS2002 version and they all do it. And it's limited to the C182. The 172 doesn't. The ARcher doesn't, the Cardinal doesn't, the DC-3 doesn't and I haven't tried the others yet. So far, just the 182. It's something that in the real world we'd lean the idle mixture at the carb or fuel control about a half-flat.Any one know to fix this? Is there a place in airfile to adjust idle speed?BobL

Guest Douglas K

Open the aircraft.cfg file with notepad and in the section below:(piston_engine)power_scalar = 1.0 cylinder_displacement= 90.3 compression_ratio= 8.5 number_of_cylinders=6 max_rated_rpm= 2400 max_rated_hp= 230 fuel_metering_type= 0 cooling_type= 0 normalized_starter_torque= 0.3 turbocharged= 0 max_design_mp= 0 min_design_mp= 0 critical_altitude= 0 emergency_boost_type= 0 emergency_boost_mp_offset= 0 emergency_boost_gain_offset= 0 fuel_air_auto_mixture= 0 auto_ignition= 0 max_rpm_mechanical_efficiency_scalar= 1.0 idle_rpm_mechanical_efficiency_scalar= 1.0 max_rpm_friction_scalar= 1.0 idle_rpm_friction_scalar= 1.0<--Lower this from 1.0 to 0.5find the entry idle_rpm_friction_scalar=1.0 and lower the default value of 1.0 to 0.5. That brings the idle up to about 1100 rpm for me, and should do the same for you. I can't duplicate the problem, and I don't have any definite ideas about a cause or a fix, beyond thinking it may be related to your PFC controller.To isolate it for troubleshooting, you should try disabling the joystick in the FS9 controls menu, uncheck the box beside "enable joystick" and see if the problem persists.