Sign in to follow this  
Wagz

FS2004 WEATHER HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!

Guest SebastianRys

After messing around with the weather in fs2004, I have to say its bad. First of all I never get the thickness of the clouds that I set. When I set overcast its not even overcast, and plus you can see right through it, and when visibiliy on ground is lets say 3 miles miles and you climb to a higher level where you have a higher visibility setting, then you could see the ground again from 30000ft with atis reporting ground visibility 3 miles in heavy rain, what the hell is this all about, this is worser than fs2002, is there a fix for this.??? THANKS FOR READING

Guest Bigshot

Are your weather sliders all maxed out?

Guest SebastianRys

yeh all sliders maxed out

Guest SebastianRys

WHen you set an overcast layer in fs9 could you see through it, and when visibility is low at a lower level could you see through it when at an higher altitude , because I could????? ALL SLIDERS ARE MAXED OUT in the weather

Guest Glenn

I often get the same thing. I have found that with cloud coverage maxed and I set my own stratus deck to 4000 feet of thickness, then I see it as a solid deck, but if FSMeteo or the default wx program sets it, then I see pretty much what you are seeing. No IFR in this version, except under very specific circumstances I'm afraid.Glenn

Make sure your cloud coverage density is set to Maximum under the "Weather" tab of the Display Properties box. The higher that slider, the greater the cloud coverage gets. Unfortunately with the greater number of clouds, your framerates will drop.Besides this, I have noticed that FS2004 sometimes makes clouds disapear when you get near them, or are about to fly through them. This is most common with larger cumulus or thunderstorm clouds. It appears to be some sort of algorithm to increase performance if your system can't handle the load.As for your visibility layer problem, I have before seen a hazy visibility layer beneath my aircraft when I've climbed above it, but not always. Also, I don't think you can call this "worse than FS2002", since '02 didn't do anything like this either. Overall I would say that the visibility enhancements are very life like compared to my real world experience as a student pilot.Joe Wagner