Sign in to follow this  
Kosta

Big miss around PSS-Meljet merge!!!

Hello all...I think I figured something very important today about Meljet-PSS merge. If you have been using the suggested merges on the forums, they suggest you replace contact_points in the PSS aircraft.cfg file with the ones from Meljet. Although, this does work, it produces one very nasty sideffect: it will not allow aircraft to roll between V1 and VR, or at VR (those two are always very near). It will allow you to roll some 20-30kts higher. This can be very bad thing if you got a heavy load, taking off with maximum weight and have just enough runway to go. It has happened to me million times that I've rolled out of the runway and then took off.Anyway, after todays 2-3 hour session over aircraft.cfg files, I've gurued the error: I've used PSS as the original and replaced only points for the gears (I've found explanations over google how to do that). Now the aircraft doesn't sink into the ground (what actually happens if you use PSS contact_points with the Meljet model), and it rolls off right, at VR.I don't think I'm allowed to post my aircraft.cfg file here, but if someone is interested, you are welcome to ask me in detail.Anyway, I think I have perfect merge now. Except those flaps things, which cannot be modified apparently.GreetingsKosta

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!