Sign in to follow this  
Guest Toni Rauch

FS 2004 Hangs at Splash Screen

Folks,I just installed FS 2004. I cannot get it to go past the splash screen. It just hangs and does not give me an error message. I have to hit ctrl-alt-del to shut the application. I also found that after installing FS2004 I cannot boot up Fs2002 either. It also hangs at the start up screen. I have been using it regularly for a year prior to installing FS2004. I have downloaded DirectX 9, the latest nvidia drivers. The computer is 1 ghz, 512 mb ram, and 64 mb video. Can someone help? Thanks!!!

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

A few things to try:1. Download and install (again) the latest version of DirectX from Microsoft's site. (That worked for me after I had the same problem.)2. Make sure that there is a sub-folder called 'Flight Simulator Files' in your 'My Documents' main folder, and that 'My Documents' is in it's original position (i.e. you haven't moved it). 3. Find and delete your FS9.cfg file. (This should be located in documents and settingsyour_nameapplication datamicrosoftfs9.)Don't be scared to delete the file as a new one will be created when you next load FS9, even if it still hangs at the splash screen.Hope this helps.Toni.