Sign in to follow this  
rvc70

Scenery file question

Can anyone tell me why I have two scenery.cfg files that are different. One is in the (All Users\Documents and Settings\Application Data, etc) and has 25kb and the second one is in (My name\Documents and Settings\Application Data, etc) and only has 11kb? Shouldn't they both have the same size? (I didn't write in the complete file names in this inquiry as they appear in FSX but used etc.) Thanks.

The smaller file is a "backup" in case FSX cannot find the normal operation file. It contains only the default scenery entries. Any time changes are made to the scenery library FSX will update the operational copy, but not the backup copy.I have not tried to synchronize both, don't know if that works or not. Don't see a need to do so, as I have other backup copies of Scenery.cfg and FSX.cfg, just in case something happens.

I was hoping this was not suppose to be this way as I keep getting a "Failed to read from file" error message which sends me back to desktop and if I hit the FSX icon again to start the sim it says FSX is already running and I have to reboot. I don't know what my problem is but thanks for the reply.