Sign in to follow this  

Another FS9 Multi-Monitor Question

Hello,I am pretty new to flight-simming, but I recently acquired MSFS COF and am totally hooked. Right now I am just simming with 1 monitor, but I would like to build a multi-monitor setup -albeit in stages. I only have a GF3 Ti200 graphics card right now, but I'll likely be purchasing a 9800 Pro in the near future. Here's what I would like to do; is it possible?Stage 1 (apparently pretty easy with a dual-head card) - 1, 19" monitor for external scenery (full-screen) - 1, 15" monitor for a/c panels (connected through DVI output)Stage 2 (single computer; is this possible by adding a PCI card?) - 1, 19" monitor for external scenery (full-screen) - 2, 15" monitors for a/c panels: 1 for the MIP, the other for GPS, kneeboard, daughter panels, etc. (1 running off of the DVI, the other connected to a PCI graphics card)Stage 3 (multiple computers) - 3-5, 19" monitors for external scenery running WidevieW - 2, 15" monitors for a/c panels and instrumentsI know WidevieW isn't available for FS9 yet, but it will take me a little while to get to Stage 3 anyway as I know I'll have to have a dedicated computer running each external view. I haven't had any experience with FS2002, but I've read in these postings that it has much better multi-monitor support than COF. I don't yet understand, however, what the exact problems are with COF. Is it using multiple monitors for setting up custom panels? If so, does FSUIPC solve this problem?I would really appreciate any advice, speculations, and lessons learned. Thank you!-Bill

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!