Sign in to follow this  
Guest Grey_Wolf

HTML notepad

Guest Grey_Wolf

Of all the fun things...Aack! I'm actually begining to learn HTML ever since the kneeboard modification was relieased I've been adding htm checklists to pretty much every airplane I have.Now while I'm begining to creat my own pages with links and dropdown menus etc I finally began to wonder if it was Possible to include a notepad of sorts. Similer to what we had in 2002. So is there an HTML guru out there who has an idea if we can do this?

Guest danowat

Hi Grey Wolf,Well, I would think it is possible, I have the startings of one, at the moment it has a paste button, to paste whatever is in your clipboard, you can't CTRL+V inside FS, and a save button to save the html file once you have written stuff into it,when you close the kneeboard your text will dissapear, although you can just press the paste button to paste it back in again.2 problems,1) you can't write directly to the notepad as you can't use the enter key to go to another line, that's the reason I put in the paste button, so you create you text externally then copy it to your clipboard and paste it into FS.2) you can save the HTML from FS, BUT, and its a big but, the text you type into the notepad window does not save, why?, well I am not really sure but I think that the text in the notepad window is temporary text that is not added to the HTML.So that's where I am now, if anyone can help solve these 2 problems, that would be great.I have used Java for the notepad, so if anyone who is good with Java could sort it that would be great.I have attached the file to this post.ThanksDan.

Guest Grey_Wolf

I'm horribly inexpierenced with Java, but I know a few people who tend to use little else. I'll see if between us we can make something of it.