Sign in to follow this  
t_a_h

FS2004 crashes after quitting/exiting - need help

Hi all,my FS2004 crashes after quitting/exiting and gives me the message if I wanna send the report to M$. But all works mostly well with FS2k4!Another problem is that FS2k4 re-creates the scenery database again at each start of it, just like FS2k2 does it for a looong time now with me. I already checked the scenery.cfg if any number has a discontinuity or else... What causes both FS to do so?Sometime FS2k4 freezes when I change the view too fast with my CH-YOKE and sometimes it freezes without a reason I could notice.Please, has any one any tipps and help? I cannot find workable solutions within this forum. There are sooo many postings how to tweak etc.I already have the best and latest driver for all my hardware. And because I am a PC-Technician and know how to handle any PC, MAC, Linux, Windows etc., I know how to tweak my PC System.

I always say (have graduated from PC tech to WAN admin/jack of all trades over the years) that being a pc tech doesn't prepare one for meeting the certification reqs and testing for what I call SCSE (aka Simming Certified Software Engineer). Another way of saying that is I know of no Win XP user with more than two years' experience--in Win XP.If you know your way around PC's, you already know the basics of troubleshooting:~Have you reinstalled?~Did you do a full install?~Any add-ons? Does the problem appear before or after they are installed?~Anything unique with safe disk, such as running from a CD RW drive or off brand CD drive?~Any unusual applets loaded?I think you're in a better position to fix the problem yourself--knowing my way around PC's, there's nothing I can tell you that you don't already know, other than I don't have these symptoms....I can say I used to get view change freezes in FS2002 once or twice a month--but haven't had them since swapping out my GeF/2 for a GeF/4...-JohnBeta Tester, COF :)Edit: Since we have a 4200 in common, I'm running with the 30.82 driver set and have zero issues with them... I recommend them as a good baseline for troubleshooting possible video issues such as view switches

Hi,I also experience the same problem, quite often.Many times, usually after approximately 1 hour of flying, when preparing for landing (using PMDG 737-700 or RFP 747-200), the frame rate becomes something like 2-3 FPS and the simulator takes long breaks. After about 1 minute, the FS9 usually crashes.Also, most of the times, when I exit the FS9, even if I did not do anything, only start with the default situation and plane, after the FS9 window closes the hard disk continues to be accessed and it will eventually display the window saying that FS9 performed an illegal instruction and ask if I want to send the Error to Microsoft.Yesterday I flown from Rome

John,well, I know FS since FS98...To all your checkpoints: no, yes, no, no, no.I installed FS9 and even befor I copied any FS2k2 scenery and aircrafts, so just as I had my first test-flights with cessna, I noticed this bad 2D panel flickering. And as well that FS9 keeps being active and only shut down by the task manager.Well, with SSW installed in FS2k2, I have this phenomenon as well, but the reason is SSW, I have not yet installed in FS9.Well, I have only good experiences with the latest www.guru3d.com nvidia driver for XP with FS2k2, so why should I go back to the oldest ones with pure framerates for both sims? Since it would affect both. I still fly and test ACLoader 4.x with FS2k2 and now as well with FS9...Maybe I have too many harddisks for WinXP to have best performance? I have one 120GB, one 100GB, one with 60GB and the latest has 200GB. The 120 and 200 are Maxtor, all else are WDs. The 200GB Maxtor I run with a RAID PCI Controller Card. Runs ok, but gives me weard interferences at my Pinnacle TV card when running and I copy/move data to/from my RAID 200GB Maxtor HDD. I guess the card is spreading EMC around my PCI bus and only my Pinnacle notice it.So, any idea what is going on?

I can say I have the exact same problem with FS9 and I was hoping to find some answers in this forum. Seems it's a tough one is it not?

Guest hoohah

I have the ocaissional "crash on shutdown". It seems to be realated somehow to whether or not I've flying with AdvDisplay and/or RadarContact. It used to happen _every_ time when I had FS2k2; but with FS9 I can't seem to find the magic combination...too sporadic.It doesn't bother me enough to really track it down.