Sign in to follow this  
Jen

Win7 and FSX

Does anyone know what service pack I need to run FSX in Windows 7? I just got a new computer with Win7 on it and I downloaded it to Program Files (x86). I can't get my Aerosoft dvd of the MD-11 to install on my new Win7 computer. I get the following msg: "FSX Version 10.0.61355.0 (Sp1 at least required). You only have FSX Version 10.0.60905.0 installed. Please install FSX Sp1 or later to use this product."Any ideas on what I should do to get this product to install in my Win7 computer?Oh, one other question I have: Why do I have 2 Program Files in my C:/ drive? The first one reads: Program Files. The second one reads: Program Files (x86). This is where my Microsoft FSX file is located. Does this mean anything?Thanks,jen

Guest scottmm73

FSX has two service packs (SPs) that must be installed. Depending on the FSX you purchased it may have none of the SPs or all. If you purchased "FSX Gold" you would have both service packs, however you would have to physically install them yourself from the disk. If you did not purchase "FSX Gold" just google FSX service pack 1 and FSX service pack 2. You will find these links:http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/en/details.aspx?FamilyID=a0437942-e3dc-4aa7-85dc-90aae2f0409e <--SP1http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/en/details.aspx?FamilyID=204fee1e-f8de-4b21-9a32-5a41a3e27ff0 <--SP2Once you have fully installed FSX, run FSX, load the default flight, shut down, then install SP1. Once SP1 is comepletely installed, run FSX, load the default flight, then shut down, then install SP2. Now FSX is completely installed with all the service packs.Hit these websites for a complete how to on tuning your computer for FSX. FSX is a very resource hungry app and it takes a well tuned machine to get enjoyment out of it:http://www.simforums.com/forums/topic29041.htmlIf you are running a Nvidia card with the newest drivers download Nvidia Inspector to tune your card, info and instructions can be found here:http://www.simforums.com/forums/nhancer-settings-for-new-drivers-updated-v1932_topic36586.htmlAs far as the "Program Files (x86)" folder, you are running Win7 x64 (or 64bit). Windows places all 32bit programs in the x86 folder. For future reference it is better to install FSX in its own partition or hard drive due to issues with UAC. Nick N's guides above will explain better than I ever could.

Thanks Scott,When you say: "Shut down, I assume you mean 'X-out' of FSX and not shut down and reboot....Is that correct?Regards,jen

Got them both in FSX...Thanks again Scott for the very helpful information.Regards,jen

HELP!New Dell XPS 9100 running Window 7 Ultimate.Installed MSFS-X, Open, Play, Exit, Restart, Install SP1, Start FSX, Play, Exit, Restart.NOW here is where it get tricky. Install SP2Open file / Run Windows installer opens, THEN closes. Nothing elseWhat could I be doing wrong? Thanks, Rick