Sign in to follow this  
INFORIS

What should i expect with my new CPU?

Hi everyone, Previously, i've been using a Phenom X4 9750 with a Radeon 4650 and 2 Gigs DDR2 of RAM, My FPS would fluctuate from the low 20's to the high 70's. (Though would stay near 30-40 most of the time)My 9750 however got burned and won't work.So Tommorow i'm being shipped a Phenom II X4 920. I was wondering what i might expect in terms of performance with settings set in the medium-ish high setting.

Hi everyone, Previously, i've been using a Phenom X4 9750 with a Radeon 4650 and 2 Gigs DDR2 of RAM,My FPS would fluctuate from the low 20's to the high 70's. (Though would stay near 30-40 most of the time)My 9750 however got burned and won't work.So Tommorow i'm being shipped a Phenom II X4 920. I was wondering what i might expect in terms of performance with settings set in the medium-ish high setting.
From what I can see, it's got a 400mhz advantage, running at 2.8ghz compared to 2.4 of the 9750. It also has 4mb more of Level 3 memory cache, which shouldn't hurt. All other things being equal, and if you're running at the same settings as before, you'll probably see a 15-20% improvement in frame rates,maybe? from the many articles i've read FSX seems to scale 1:1 with cpu speed.One other point, you may see some improvement in having another 2gig's of memory installed too.Michael