Sign in to follow this  
Guest yarvelling

Erratic ATC?

Guest yarvelling

Is it me, or is the ATC sometimes smoking something.....??!!I often find that flying into German airports, and also Hong Kong VHHH, everything is fine, ATC lines you up brilliantly, yet if I try a return flight Heathrow, ATC will have me flying out miles away from the airport, telling me to "fly straight in runway xx". Earlier today at Charles De Gaulle (Paris), it kept dropping me for no reason; IFR was terminated, yet I'd been following their instructions to the LETTER!! When I then decided to replay that flight, but change IFR destination to Frankfurt, ATC took care of me no problem all the way past the airport, but then forgot to get back to me.....I was half way across Switzerland before I gave up!! I tried drastic changes of course/altitude but nothing got their attention back at Frankfurt Control. I later set up another flight (samr plane; the new IFDG MD11 FedEx) from Heathrow to Frankfurt and it went a dream...they brought me in as they usually do, to Runway 25R bang-on to the localizer, for a perfect ILS landing!Strange! I have most difficulties with Paris, and Heathrow. Is this something that anyone else has noted? A bug in the game perhaps?All I can say is, is that it's VERY annoying...I almost dread trying a trans-atlantic flight if ATC is going to go 'off on one' at the very end!!!

Guest ssurjap

Are you using FS2002 or FS2004? I had the same thing happen to me to Winnipeg on FS2002. It's a bug there.If you're using FS2004, that's definitely a bug, but there is a workaround, albeit a lenghty one:1) Once you see that you're not going to be vectored back in, just cancel your IFR flight plan. 2) Fly back to the airport, then, if you want, open up an IFR flight plan to your airport, but when FS asks you whether you want to relocate to the starting airporrt, say NO.You'll be vectored back in.

Guest yarvelling

I'm using FS 2004...sorry, forgot to mention it...must have gone on vacation with the ATC there!! LOL!!I'll try that workaround you suggested, but it is a pain in the ar$e to have to do that! Oh well, I suppose considering everything that the programme is trying to do, one should expect a couple of glitches, but surely something so fundamental should have shown up a few times during beta testing Hmm, of course, some cynics may say that WE are beta testing it.....I know it's not me at fault when I'm halfway across Switzerland having followed ATC's last steer of 080 degrees, and that they don't notice if I climb or descend a couple of thousand feet without their bidding....they're normally onto you in a flash! It must be a bug. I also wonder if it could possibly have anything to do with the type of aircraft you fly, though I think that's pretty unlikely. I seem to have no problems if I fly a PA or POSKY Airbus using Hector Molina's cool panels.Anyway, thanks for the suggestion!