Sign in to follow this  
Guest cwright

Sky colors

Guest kurtj

I have two favorite sky colors with fs2004 and I was wondering if you can change something in the fs9.cfg to reflect the sky you choose. The other two don't seem that realistic to me. The one with the grey haze and midlight blue sky reminds me of flying fs3 on my old tandy 1000TL system. The other is okay but the sky just seems to be a bit to light blue with white haze.Now onto the skies I like. I like to one with the deep blue sky with blueish haze and the medium to dark with the grey blue haze. Maybe I should show pics of what I mean.Also how many of you use Nils Danielson's sky and enviroment textures?I don't know if they look quite right on my system or not. They do look gorgous on some of the screens that I have seen so I thought I would check it out. Maybe someone can post some here please and I will post some of mine to compare.Thank You,

Guest kurtj

This is another thing that I would like to have when the sun goes down all of the time. It does sometimes but others it won't. Is there something I can do? Here is the image.I like the yellowish tinge to the aircraft as the sun is starting to go down to the horizon to below the horizon just like fs2002 had. I think it is more realistic that way. Any info would be helpful.http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/47240.jpgThank You,

Guest cwright

You'll be intrigued by this - if you didn't know already! FS2004 has a set of ten different sky colours, each set having different colours for dusk, early morning, dusk etc. It chooses the set according to the date. You could cycle through the dates until you find the colours you like - and then, to get the same colours, simply use the same date. It would be safest to use the same date, month and year. Alternatively, it's actually very easy to create your own sky colours. Look in the texture directory and you'll find a set of textures prefixed by sky_ (e.g. sky_dawn_0.bmp). You can create some pretty amazing dusk colours! Best regards, Chris