Sign in to follow this  
Guest troyboy66

Scenery duplication in FS9 scenery.cfg causing problems

Does anybody know why scenery duplication occurs for some third party sceneries on a brand new install?I have 12 of simflyers scenery, including WORLDSCENERIES Wonderful Rio 2004, Haneda International and, Gatwick 2004...After the installation is complete and then starting up FS9, I noticed the sceneries being generated for the first time into FS9. When I check the scenery libraries, there is one instance of each of the above mentioned sceneries...I then exit FS9 and check the scenery.cfg, and again only one instance of each scenery and they are porperly numbered.However, when I launched FS9 again, there is suddenly another gerenation of sceneries being added. To my suprise, when I check the scenery Library, there are now two instances of 'Wonderful Rio 2004, Haneda International and, Gatwick 2004.'I exit FS9 check the scenery,cfg again, and now I have duplicate sceneries for the three airports with matching AREA#.I came across this while experiencing blurry textures in FS9...It appears that when the scenery.cfg is normal with one unique scenery file, no blurry textures, Flightsim works fine. When blurry textures occurs, I notice duplicate copies or corrupted scenery AREA# in my scenery.cfgI have uninstalled and reinstalled FS9, uninstalled every peice of software thats related to FS9, cleaned out the registry of all and started over again.....BUT the same thing keeps happening...I can't find anything at Wonderful scenery support site or Gatwick 2004 support that list these problems.....Does anyone knows what could be causing the duplicate install into FS9/scenery,cfg...Oh! one other thing...the problem seems to appear mostly at night, and when I go into spot view and view my airplane from birds eye view, the stars in the black pitch dark sky above me, are also shown below..,i.e, a total loast of ground sceneryThanksTroy

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Bump again...I am also having this issue with our IFSD scenery...It is strange to say the least... MS must have changed something.