Sign in to follow this  
Dark Moment

CH Pedals - No Right Break

Guest VCA_CEO

Hey has anyone ever had this happen to you? All of a sudden, i have no right break control. Not only that, but when I select a keyboard or yoke button to control the right break, they don't work either? It's like my CH Pedals have corrupted any chance of turning my dc3 ;-)Thanks!Lance

Guest dogknot

I've had that happen to me twice now, except it was the left brake, and both times it was a broken wire inside the CHProPedals case. A simple case of taking the case apart and splicing the broken wire. If you decide to look inside the pedals case yourself, turn the unit upside down and support both ends (fore and aft) high enough to keep the pedals from touching anything. If the pedals aren't "hanging", when you open the case (lift from the 'heel' end) the pressure on the pedals will push the internal sliding parts up and out. They are a real bear to get back in with all their respective parts. Other than that, it is actually pretty simple and very basic inside.Good Luck!

Guest VCA_CEO

Fun ;-) Thanks for the suggestion, I'll most likely give it a go!

Guest ScottPilot

Yep, I had this happen to me. I opened up my rudder pedals and my right brake wire was broken.I went ahead and soldered it back together and now my rudder pedals are workng better than they did before this problem. I ended up re-routing all the wires inside so they are less likely to break.I think this was a problem with the CH pedals when they were assembled at the factory.Anyways, I bet that a broken wire is the problem.Happy Simming!Scott

Guest aonyn

I had the same problem, and before splicing and soldering, I added a piece of heat shrink tubing to the vulnerable spot to prevent a future breakage. It has been perfect ever since. It is funny that considering the overall quality of the product, that nobody at CH saw this thin gauge wire being pinched and bent at the same spot with each rudder deflection as being a problem. Fortunately, it is an easy fix though.regards,Dave

Lance, before you dismantle your pedals and find springs flying everywhere ... surely it's not the pedals if you have lost the keyboard and yoke control too?If I were in your shoes (which I could never be, my feet are too big) I would certainly unplug the pedals and retest keyboard and yoke before going near the screwdriver cupboard. Check your assignments if you haven't already, although I'm sure you've done that. Sometimes they just fall off, if you know what I mean, and have to be reset.Mark "Dark Moment" Beaumonthttp://www.swiremariners.com/newlogo.jpg