Sign in to follow this  
Guest nutcase

Andoya AB - crash to desktop

Guest Anthony_D

I'm trying to load up Andoya AB, Norway ENAN. It keeps crashing to desktop. Upon loading, it gets to 56% terrain - just before loading scnenery objects and then suddenly crashes to desktop.I've seen this before, but my investigations have pinned the problem down to addon scenery - typically landclass.No such issues here, I've disabled Norwegian Airports, Lago terramesh and my landclass folder on the scenery menu. I'm beginning to believe that it's a problem with the default scenery. It seems to load successfully at nighttime but not daytime.By the way, I have not installed this railroad texture that many have recently talked about.Can anyone confirm this problem?

Yep, crashes me too. But then if there was a hammer within five miles of me it would hit me on the head, I'm that lucky.Sorry not to offer help, just confirmation. Mark "Dark Moment" BeaumontEDIT: Mind you, I have mesh, Norway airports 9, the latest AFCADs for it, etc. If you find the cause, I'll be interested, but I don't have time to look at it just now.http://www.swiremariners.com/newlogo.jpg

Guest nutcase

Here goes my theory:There is an ERROR in the seasons.bgl that comes with fs2004.try selecting Andoya (ENAN) in a different time than this: 21.october to 21.november. If you select a date not in this range you will have no problem. seasons.bgl controls seasoning i fs2004. My guess is that the code in seasons.bgl have errors for this timeframe mentioned in this post.The error mentioning by this topics first post have nothing to do with addons. It's the same error even on clean installs of fs2004. Between 21.october and 21.november you get an error in this area. I suspect there's a lot more areas conserned by this. This can even explain all of the other postings about FS shuttingdown on the forums the last 2 weeks.Jan Roar R

Guest Anthony_D

>seasons.bgl controls seasoning i fs2004. My guess is that the>code in seasons.bgl have errors for this timeframe mentioned>in this post.That's quite interesting, I selected Andoya AB with no problems in the summer season. Loading Narvik Framnes however caused a CTD both now and in May. Is the problem well known? - at least I have other folk confirm that it's not a machine specific problem.Whilst doing my Norway afcads, I came across another interesting effect in Longyear (ENSB) where the ground textures and airport move beneath me at different speeds. I've seen this effect in fs2000 in antarctica - a known problem with extreme latitudes?My AFCAD files for Norway should be ready for upload tomorrow.

Guest nutcase

Seasons.bgl controls how fs display the seasons. We got 5 main seasons in FS: Spring, Summer, Fall, Winter and Hard winter. However, each month have it's own season code. thats why you gradually are going to winter. You get more and more snow as closer you are to the winter season (depending on where in the world you are etc.) My guess is: Seasons.bgl have error in the code that mixes fall/spring textures with winter textures. ENAN and ENNK are way up north in norway. So it should have shown a lot of snowtextures blended with fall textures (in may it should have showed a lot of snow blended with spring textures. I guess this blending feature is the error in seasons.bgl. maybe missing texturenames in the code for those times of the year.Jan Roar R