Sign in to follow this  
Guest Caveman

possible to create this effect...

Hey everyone,I was wondering if it'd be possible to create the following effect...http://www.airliners.net/open.file/437954/M/I'm not talking about the condensation forming on the wings, but the water being blown off the runway as a result of jet blast. Seen the custom water landing effects we've seen in the past, would it be possible to create such an effect for runways which would only be actived during, let's say heavy rain...? I'm no programmer so I would certainly not know how to create such an effect, but maybe this is an idea for someone who's good at creating effects?Take care,J.G.

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Yes, it is possible. IL-2 Forgotten Battles uses this effect well to simulate snow and dust being blown when the plane is near the ground... So, it could be used to do the same with water... As with the other graphical wonders of IL-2 such as great lighting, this effect is top notch.And of course there is the incredible flight/physics model of the sim -- I've been simming for 20 years and can say with confidence that nothing comes as close to flying the "real thing" as IL-2/FB... No doubt, it's a good one to add to a sim collection.