Sign in to follow this  
Guest B Bjorkman

Download problem

Guest B Bjorkman

Hi guysWell I got my new machine but I'm having a small problem and no techies in my neck of the woods seems to know the answer so I thought I would ask here and see if any of you know. When I download any file, instead of being asked what I want to do with it, ie. where to download it to, Internet Explorer just dumps it into the temp internet folder. It doesn't ask or anything, just starts the download and puts it there. I've reset my IE6 settings to default but still no joy. Anyone have any thoughts? Thanks in advance. BBjorkman CFI

Guest Gregg580

Hi, Go into any folder. Go up to tools, hit folder options, then file types. Scroll down to the .zip file. Highlite that line and hit the advance button. Make sure the box is checked to "confirm after download". Hit ok. This should do it. If you want, do it to all file types. This must not have been set from the factory.

Guest B Bjorkman

THANK YOU. I'm an obssesive person and this has been driving me nuts all day. I should have come here first instead of calling everyone I could think of. A guy in the tech dept at Best Buy told me to REFORMAT!!!!! Thank you very much for helping me, I would have never found that. Bryan Bjorkman CFI

Guest Gregg580

Cool... guess where I saw this posted before?????...and I remembered ....the CPU forum on AVSIM. I tend to read that one ever so often and notate those odd ball problems. This is a wonderful place to come for all types of info. Thanks AVSIM!!!!!!