Sign in to follow this  
Guest ChkSix

How do I make avi/mpeg flight videos?

How do I make avi/mpeg flight videos?so-called screen recorders like Camtasia Studio or Video Capturix Suite do not work.What is the secret?Best regards,Nico

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Fraps and Virtual Dub. I have one that I want to upload but it is around 400mb due to quality.You also need to have various codecs installed. Some work better than others and it is hard to judge which one is best for everyone. If you have Divx installed then you can compress the film into a Divx format from Fraps using V Dub.Remember Fraps records in an uncompressed format. So make sure the drive you choose to save the recording on has plenty of space.I am interested to know how Royo got his video so small with excellent clarity. It is in .wmv format and I have the windows media codecs installed yet can't make a .wmv video. However, Royo doesn't do crazy aerobatics in his, hence no block formations from tons of twists and spins while the scenery goes from top to bottom, top to bottom. hehehMikeP4 2.4C @3.44 285FSBAsus P4C800 Deluxe1gb Corsair XMS PC3500 Asus V9950 FX5900 Ultra 256mb 500/950SB Audigy2 Platinum ExPioneer Trayless 16x DVDLite On 52x CDRSunBeam RaybusVantec Stealth 520watt PSULian Li PC-75 Modded BlackDTek TC-4 Cpu WaterblockSwiftech MCW50 Video WaterblockEheim 1250 318GPH pumpBay Res 5 1/4Black Ice X2 Radiator (quad 120mm)Sony CPD-G520 21"Klipsch Promedia 4.1Eluminx El KeyboardLogitech Dual OpticalSaitek X-45 HotasPics: http://community.webshots.com/user/chksix2002

Thank you so much - There is the answer!!I hope I can make it work. I already have Virtual Dub and all codecs imaginable, so I am off to get this FRAPS.Camtasia Studio and Video Capturix Suite makes the game slow and cannot produce anything but short slide shows.Thanks a lot, thanks a lot. I am so happy with your reply! The secret has been revealed... HeheheheNico

Anytime Nico. Fraps slows it down as well, just not as bad as the others. If you want to tape at a decent fps, try lowering your res down a notch when filming.MikeP4 2.4C @3.44 285FSBAsus P4C800 Deluxe1gb Corsair XMS PC3500 Asus V9950 FX5900 Ultra 256mb 500/950SB Audigy2 Platinum ExPioneer Trayless 16x DVDLite On 52x CDRSunBeam RaybusVantec Stealth 520watt PSULian Li PC-75 Modded BlackDTek TC-4 Cpu WaterblockSwiftech MCW50 Video WaterblockEheim 1250 318GPH pumpBay Res 5 1/4Black Ice X2 Radiator (quad 120mm)Sony CPD-G520 21"Klipsch Promedia 4.1Eluminx El KeyboardLogitech Dual OpticalSaitek X-45 HotasPics: http://community.webshots.com/user/chksix2002