Sign in to follow this  
Guest wycliffe1

Making Videos

I haven't seen any post re this matter, although I have downloaded some films. Let me elucidate, Myself and some friends in my Yahoo community make small films and animations, just for fun. I want to include a piece of film of a take off in FS2002. Now I know how to do this in FS2002 but it gets saved as some wacky media format that I don't recognise and Windows Film Maker doesn't recognise.The question is, Do I need some specific software for the conversion over to an avi file or am I just missing a really simple solution?Wycliffe

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Recording a flight in FS is nothing like recording video -- it just records the position etc of your aircraft and plays it back within the simulator. To record video direct from the simulator you can either:a) with a VI/VO card of some sort, output the video to a recorder and bring it back in;:( record with a utility such as FRAPS. This is the cheapest option I've found, but you do need to pay for it.FRAPS records video and sound in a raw format, which you can convert to WMV using Windows Movie Maker if you wish.Be aware that videos are big files -- FRAPS raw recordings (before compression) can be 500MB/minute,depending on the resolution, and although compression makes these much smaller, they never get quite small enough for the web : )I've just made a 6 minute video 640x480 in WMV format which comes in just under 100MB. You can see a FRAPS clip from FS2004 here -- 17 seconds = 2.5MB.www.windowlight.co.nz/ontarget/video.html

HiNot exactly the answer I was looking for but thank you all the same. I'm surprised that the files are so large for so small an amount of time.Well thats one project I wont be doing. I'll just have to stick to stills and excellent narrative.CheersWycliffe