Sign in to follow this  
Guest JDH

StMaartens scenery

off the bat, i don't have deep knowledge of "messin' with scenery", and i've tried to install "STMaartenstncm.zip" but, when i go to fs' library/ scenery it's not there only "TNCM", and the author said to look for "stmarrtens" to add to the scenery library. i had first tried unzipping WITHOUT 'use folder names" . that didn't work, so i unzipped 'WIth folder names" to a temp folder and moved that folder[titled TNCM] to fs scenery. so, anyone using this scenery, and, if so , where did i fail? thanks, tt

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Addedum!! this is what it looks like and the authors inst about mipmapping made no difference. oops,time for work, gotta go. tt

Two problems are instantly apparant, firstly the textures are missing, secondly there is no exclude file.Unzip the file to a temporary directory, you should see two folders, one called scenery, the other texture. In the scenery folders are all the *.bgl files, i.e. the physical scenery, in the texture files should be *.bmp, plus any other relevant texture files. Check the read-me for details on exclude files as you may need to copy something into the scenery.cfg file yourself. If the author has done a good job, he should tell you this. Also check if you need Airport, Nova or VOD textures, these are all available free.The scenery & texture folders should be in another folder called St Maartens or anything that identifies it clearly. Place it in your scenery file and run FS to add it into the library. When choosing the airport go to "search add-on scenery" there should be something there.If that doesn't work, write to the author and explain what has happened, he should be able to help if I haven't!!