Sign in to follow this  
Guest hermes

ASD, Nova Gold, other texture sets

Guest Penta

See that a lot of scenery files require these. So, some questions I've yet to find an answer to:1. Where can I get them?2. Are they freeware?

>1. Where can I get them?Check in the library - they used to be there. If not, check the "other" site.>2. Are they freeware?No, not really. It's best to read the readme file that comes with them to be sure. I think that they are freely downloadable, but you may not necessarily be able to use them for any purpose you wish.In the "olden days" of FS scenery design, it was a big deal to keep the file sizes small due to the limited bandwidth of the 2400 baud modem. The idea with texture sets was to distribute the textures seperately from scenery files since the textures would be common to many different sceneries, thus reducing the download size of the scenery. This is less of an issue nowadays, so you don't see this approach used so often anymore.The exception may be the Nova Gold textures, simply because they are of a very high quality, in my opinion.- Martin

Guest hermes

see flighsim.com "must have" download page