Sign in to follow this  
Guest glennr

Callsigns/Labels while AI aircraft are in flight

Guest glennr

I recently loaded a couple of foreign carriers to MSFS2004 to make my AI traffic look a little more realistic. The default carriers that come with MSFS2004 were removed. The setup went well and the new carriers were quickly visible. The ATC used their correct identification without any problems. The problems come when the airplanes takeoff. The moment the aircraft (in this case Air France) lifts off, the Sim displays to wrong aicraft id (Nxxxx) instead of maybe (Fxxxx) or whatever the appropriate letter is. Has anyone had this problem. I thought the letter N was used to id US registered aircraft. Am I missing something here?

Guest P3_Super_Bee

Looks to be a problem with the flight plans. Here is the first part of a flight plan line:AC#3111,N521XJ,085%,WEEK,IFR,1/12:30,@1/13:17,11The first section is the aircraft, then the reg number. So it looks like who ever wrote the plans didn't put in the correct reg numbers. If you have a butt load of flight plans will take forever to fix. The easiest fix would be to just turn off the labels. More realistic that that way anyway.

:-outta

There is a fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness".- unknown
"My daddy gives me up, to fight for you"- a US Military Members Child

Guest glennr

Sounds like a good idea. It was nice to be able to identify what was out there late at night especially when on final. I also noticed that some of the heavy aircraft were carrying at least 4 digits flight numbers. Normally jets like 747s carry 2 or three digit flight numbers. I wish I had a better understanding of the files in MSFS. Thanks for the advice.