Sign in to follow this  
Guest Mattias

Blue Side Up !!!

Guest Mattias

Dear all,I feel i am after five years and a total of over 1000 logged flight hours have learned a great deal about aviation and all components of flightplanning, ATC, flight management computation and working with the most sophisticated aircraftsmodells developed for MSFS.Despite this i had an ugly incident yesterday on an approach to LGAV ...Scenario:I suffer from lack of time and there for request quick decent from approach controll twice. i am directly over the airport at 17000 feet heading 090 when ATC asks me to make a right turn to 205 in order to line me up for 03R landing and asks me to decent to 10000 feet. My V Speed is around 2200 and my IAS is somwhere at 290. In the middle of thi right turn my 737 all of a sudden makes an instant left bank, about 40 degrees and then it seems to level out again to normal. All this happen in about two blinks of an eye. And i am all over the controlls ... BAM !!! this time the airplane rolls 180 and i am Blue Side Up ... and soon the nose points right down and all ican see is the spinning earth and for a short moment i thougt i was on US Air flight 427. I read the book and this was a similar behaviour. Scary ... What in the lords name hapend ... Cause i do not think our simulator simulates locked rudder valves, or does it ???