Sign in to follow this  
Dark Moment

So what good does multi-monitor do me?

Guest Stompy

I got a second monitor shortly before 2k4 was released. I cluttered it with all sorts of stuff for my GA flying...radios, swtiches, knobs, and everything shiny.Then 2k4 arrived, I fell in love with the clickable virtual cockpits, and now I can't figure out what to do with my second monitor! I don't want to put my radios and stuff over there, because I can get to them from the VC, and it's more immersive and realistic for me that way. But what should I put on the 2nd now? Thanks!

Guest Capholland

Drag your GPS unit to the second monitor, and give yourself a nice, large moving map display. Or drag your throttle quadrant there to get quicker access to differential engine control for taxiing those tail-draggers. Some things are still faster and easier to do on a separate panel than from within the virtual cockpit.- Caphollandhttp://caphollands.fsgateway.comhttp://jdtllc.com/images/RCsupporter.jpg

Guest daveg4otu

If flying online ,you can use the 2nd monitor for such things as Servinfo or to view Airfield approach charts etc,or even ,if you have installed VPN in your kneeboard,to surf the net while flying online.Dave

FSNav all the way... wouldn't be without it over there!!!!Bob (Lecanto, Fl)AMD, Athlon XP, 1800+MSI, K7T266 XP ProPC 2100 DDR, 1024 MBXP, Home Edition Elsa GLadiac 920, GF3/64Mb andPNY, Verto nVidia TNT 2-M64/32WD, 100 MB, 7200, Ultra 100Sound Blaster, Audigy MP3+CH Prod, VPP Yoke - Sound CardCH Prod, Pedals - Sound Card

Guest Stompy

Thanks for the replies everyone!!FSNav might just be the way to go for me. I like the idea of the flighplan and stuff (doesn't the kneeboard do that? Never bothered to check). But that idea of a map WIHTOUT a moving plane icon is really cool.Thank you!

The MS map doesn't BEGIN to compare to what you can do with FSNav. It is an incredible bit of software (in which you can also write much more complex flightplans than MS will allow with their planner) and ought to be part of Flight Simulator, it's that good.I don't buy much (there's too much good freeware out there to get any real value out of payware that often is no better and runs the risk of only being applicable for two years or less) but I wouldn't be without FSNav. To date, all upgrades have been free to registered users.Mark "Dark Moment" Beaumonthttp://www.swiremariners.com/newlogo.jpg