Sign in to follow this  
ribenn

Missing bridges.XXX file

helloI have FS9.1, Win XP SP3 and recently installed GE PRO, UT/USA, EZ-Bridges and started manual installation of QLRP4UT. At one point the instructions tell me to copy bridges.XXX from "FS9/Scenery/Generic/Scenery" to "FS9/Addon Scenery/QLRP4UT/Scenery"and rename it to bridges.bgl.The file bridges.XXX is missing. I did a search on partition F, is where I have FS9.1 - nothing.The FS9/Scenery/Generic/Scenery has only 3 files in it: Generic.bgl, Landmark.bgl, and scenery_fs_aso.bgl. I have been seeing the generic bridges all along and see them misplaced when I installed UT/USA. They do disappear when I disable bridges in UT.From the FS9.1 update readme, I am guessing this missing file may come from the FS9.1 update. Is this correct? I did see in some of the posts in this forum that uninstalling and installing the FS9.1 update may mess up the UT files.Any help in finding/getting this file? Thanks,Rich

Ok, I have the missing file back.I went ahead and uninstalled the FS9.1 update. I tried to reinstall the update and got a "Update Error 25"It showed "Processing: Scenery/Generic/Scenery/bridges.bgl". This seemed to be a corrupt executable file. Downloaded a new FS9upd.exe. This one installed fine and I got the bridges.bgl and the bridges01.bgl files.On my first few checks in FS9, I do not see where any of the UT/USA file has been affected. I only had to checkagain the "Remove FS2004 Bridge Objects" in the UT/USA setup Utility. This gave me the bridges.XXX file whichI copied to QLRP4UT/Scenery and renamed it back to bridges.bglTime will tell.Rich