Sign in to follow this  
Guest sbdwag

Is FlightSim Architect Done For?????

Guest flynman2

Is FlightSim Architect Done For?????If you are a scenery designer you will know about this product created by Mr Doug Pouk.I have been trying to create some new scenery for KGEG in FS9, I have spend a 1/2 a day on a Embraer EM2 to go and get reference photos for the project...while the terminal building is looking great the ground textures are lacking as a result that FSA330 build 11 does not read the BGL files in FS9..It has now been 4 months since FS9 has came out and this product has yet to be updated infact.....it appears as though its creator has kinda gone AWOL as there is little...more specificly no activity on the message board by either user or Doug himself.While you can load in the proper file from FS 2002 the question/concern I have had is what about those who have disgarded or have never owned a copy of FS2002....Id say they are kind of stuck.I have stated before that I have no problem paying for upgrades/patches for new versions of FS so I think I have a right to be concerned that a product that I have spent $$$ in in the past and its future compatibility issues.I know this probably is in the wrong forum but if you have seen or heard from Doug..please let him know that his paying public would like his attention.And no......I am not interested in Airport2.6 and FSSC has limited use....Regards

Guest shanwick

>>It has now been 4 months since FS9 has came out and this product has yet to be updated <>And no......I am not interested in Airport2.6<

Guest sbdwag

I purchased it when it was FSA2000 and there were some problems with it. The biggest one was when you browsed the texture windows for texutures it would crash Windows XP. Completely lock it up. It took him years to fix this problems and even today I can get it to still lock up of I try to spin throught the texture browser fast enought. Now the big issure is the much touted bgl import function that lets you bring textured objects for the default scenery. Doesnt work? Im my opinion either the develeopers of this software are over there head or they simple dont care any more. Either way they got 2X39.00 from me for very little in return and there will never get another dime. They even told me to expect lifetime upgrades for free because of the problems with Windows XP and the software is such a disaster that I did not even bother to hold them to it.Besides Derek Lunge has a excellent freeware scenery maker called FSSC that blows away Architech. Architect advertises all of these great bells and whistles and most do not work correctly and some do not work at all.My advise stay away it is a dead software with no support because he apparently know not how to fix it.Dennis