Sign in to follow this  
toprob

A few ?'s for MS Sidewinder FF2 users

Guest bjornkeizers

Hello all,I bought a Microsoft Sidewinder Force Feedback 2 joystick today. So far, I'm very pleased with it, but I do have a few FS related questions.Is it possible to "feel" the engine? When I'm flying say.. a Cessna or the B206, I feel nothing. Not a single vibration. I would love to feel my engine / rotor vibrating when I increase or decrease throttle or collective. I don't feel any kicking / swaying / vibrating when flying in wind. Is this normal? Am I supposed to feel anything?How do I increase the strength of the effects? Like a bigger kick on landing.. or maybe reduce the amount of bucking when flying some aircraft.I noticed the stick bucking a bit - moving forward and backward when flying Kirk Olsson's F16. Is this normal flight behaviour or a fault in the FF programming in the aircraft itself?Oh and also, could anyone suggest some other great FF enabled games? (other then CFS 1, 2 and 3 which I already own) I want to make the most of this rather expensive and large beast :D

Guest bjornkeizers

That's nica and all, but it doesn't mention things like engine or rotor vibration.. I assume it's in there, but even it's got everything I want, it's still $35 which is way, way, waaaay too much. I'm thinking freeware is just the right price for things that should have been built in in the first place, like engine vibration

Guest Jimbofly

Hi!I also have a Sidewinder FF2 joystick. The buckling you're getting in the F-16 is caused when you retract the landing gear (you'll probably notice it happening about 5 seconds after you hit 'G'.And in answer to your first question, no. The engine vibrations and wind changes are not translated in force feedback, unfortunately.It is nice however to feel the stick stiffen as your airpeed increases, and it also improves the feel when you adjust the trim, ie it's easier to feel when the aircraft is trimmed correctly.Sorry I can't offer you help in the areas of engine vibration etc, but I don't believe FS9 supports those features.James

Guest bjornkeizers

Hm. I was afraid of that. Couldn't we say.. add a line to the aircraft.cfg to add things like engine vibration or even just a slight pulling (like with single engine aircraft) I don't know the first thing about force feedback, but I know there are some really clever people out there, and someone must have an idea on how to go about adding it..

Guest teetee

hi. i realise i'm "late to the party" but, i just got my sidewinder, and , as usual, time must be spent in setting up. i spend a lot of time in the posky crj and found a thread including an idea to use the falcon50 .air file. [u might try an airfile from a similar performing a/c and remane it to the a/c u want 2 fly]it is more speed responsive. you might try [make a backup copy first!] modifing the aircraft cfg feedback section, to see what the changes feel like. [u can always go back.]tt