Sign in to follow this  
Guest gasebah

Landclass file crashes sim

Hi guys,for 3 days I was searching for the reason why FS9 suddenly crashes whenever I departed from RW 08R PHNL to the east. Whenever I reached those skyscrapers the sim had a CTD. I reinstalled LAGO's scenery 20 times, lowered the FSB, deleted the scenery.dat, FS9.cfg...who knows what else. I was very surprised when I finally learned the the reason was that I moved my FS2002 Scenery Pack landclass file from an add-on folder to Scenery/base. It is a proven fact and 100% reproducable. with the LC file in that folder the sim crashes. Without it, or in a different folder all is well.Does anybody know where the problem lies? I thought these LC files were universal. I never had any problem with it in FS2K2.Alex

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

They are universal but LC will crash if you have a texture folder parallel to the folder which houses the LC bgls. I.e. Folder "base", subfolders "scenery" (with the LC in it) and "texture". To be honest i think that there is no texture folder in Scenery/Base, but maybe you put one in there while copy/pasting. Check for that and if so delete the texture folder altogether. If you have any textures in it you can move them to the main texture folder of FS. Also have you unregistered the scenery which housed the offending bgls from the scenery.cfg? The Base folder doesn't require registration with the scenery.cfg, it is read at loading (I think).Kind regards,

Alex....Try placing it in the FS9scenerybasescenery folder. It will not need to be placed in the scenery.cfg in that folder. Where are all the sperts that know where landclass should go when you need them?Joe W.

Guys,I know that the files should go to the Scenery/Base/Scenery folder. That was the reason I put them there. I also meanwhile can confirm that there is no Texture folder in this path. The problem actually is with the LC file and not with where it is located.Alex