Sign in to follow this  
Guest PilatusTurbo

My Apologies to You, Tom

Guest PilatusTurbo

I'm sorry for offending you with my Constitution post. Your rules are your Rules. Please accept my sincerest apologies.I also Apologize for calling you "Tim". Sorry once again. :-)Thank you sir.

Guest PilatusTurbo

I'm seriously sorry. I don't want to start my stay at this forum by making an Enemy.Please accept my apologies. Thank you.

Oh, I knew that you were not addressing me. So, I wasn't offended. :)As for the apology, no problem, and accepted. Not everyone reads the rules as closely as we who write them. :)

Guest PilatusTurbo

Thank you! I'm glad to hear that there's no hatchet to bury. Let Us Not Forget Those Who Sacrificed For Our Freedom."Only the Dead have Seen the End of War." - Plato

Guest Lindy

I just found and read your "constitution" thread. I found the original question to have been asked in a polite and respetful manner. I have been a participant here at Avsim for several years and have even been a forum moderator myself (not THIS forum, God forbid! LOL). In the early days, the forums (not just this one) often were scenes of amazingly vitriolic arguments on all kinds of subjects. Eventually the rules of conduct were adapted to help control the situation. But I have not seen many instances of threads being locked or deleted for the sole reason of being critical of a developer/designer. Criticism is necessary to growth; developers/designers, whether freeware or payware, make mistakes. And I doubt that will change. However the way criticism of anyone is presented is extremely important. Name calling, YELLING, vague statements such as "It don't work!!!!!" and general, all around impoliteness and rudeness are simply not tolerated and will get a thread discussion locked up tighter than a drum.Certain reactions to a specific critical and/or controversial post can also get the thread locked, even when the original poster was polite.It's a fine line that the moderators have to walk and for the most part, I think they do an excellent job.... sometimes they get a little over zealous. Avsim manages to please all of the people some of the time, but can't please all of the people all of the time.-Lindy :-wave :-outta

Guest PilatusTurbo

Thank you for the acknowledgement, Lindy.