Sign in to follow this  
JSkorna

AMD 1700+ to a 2400+ - Performance Gains in FS 2002

Guest wolfsburg

I used to have an AMD 1700+ /256 megs ram with a Geforce 4 4200. Framerates for me were anywhere from 16-70, depending on the tweaking. Usually though, regardless of resolution, settings, etc. fps was too low overall for me to enjoy. Usually hovering aroudn 20 or so. So I sold my copy.Now I have an AMD 2400+ with 512 megs and a 9600 pro. So, I decided to order the sim again in hopes of better performance. Does anyone one have a similar experience upgrading or own a similar rig to mine that plays Fs2002?I know many performance questions are asked, and I read some of them. But I would still like some new responses. I am hoping for at least a 5-10 fps increase in frame rates. I was going to go for FS2004, but I did not want to be in the same boat with mediocre frame rates. FS2002 is plenty good for me!Thanks for any info.

If you were not happy with framerates around 70 what makes you think an 5-10 fps will make you happier? I'll make it easy: send me your machine and then you won't have to worry any more!Your old machine was good, your new machine is even better. You should be just fine. (Please follow the above if you don't end up agreeing)

Guest wolfsburg

In my post I stated that usually framerates were in the lower end of the spectrum - 20 or so. Therefore a 5 fps increase at 20 fps will make something that looks a little choppy into something that is fluid. So, 70 fps would be a rarity in sparsely populated/dense areas. No matter how I would tweak, the framerates stayed about the same which lead me to believe the processor was the bottle neck. Now with more ram and a faster CPU I am hoping things will improve. No, I will not send you my machine!

PS: Fluid and choppy have nothing to do with fps. I could show you a machine choppy at 70 and another machine fluid at 20 and you would not be able to correctly tell me which was which!PPS: Please send me your machine!