Sign in to follow this  
Guest allcott

Question on the Cessna 208B Grand Caravan on FS2002 or FS9

Guest Grayfox

Quick question, on the Cessna 208B Grand Caravan and the 208 I see what is called the "Inertial Separator" what exactly is this for? When you press it the Ann. Lights goes on for De-Ice Mann. or something like that. What is the difference of the Inertial Separator and the De-Ice on the 208B Grand Caravan since it has both.I'm guessing here that the De-Ice is for wing/structural De-Ice...but I'm still confused about the Inertial Separator. It has nothing to do with the Pitot Heat because that has its own button.Is it the Carb Heat? Just called something different? Well thanks in advance for the replies let me know whoever is an expert. Thanks!

Guest allcott

And a very simple device at that. It's a door that, when closed, forces the incoming air to turn 180 degrees rather than running directly into the engine. Ice and other particles won't make the turn and drop out the outlet vent, leaving the air reaching the engine clean and free from particulates. Elegantly simple!The de-ice button operates the wing de-ice boots (the black strips on the wing leading edges) in real life. Don't think airframe icing is simulated in FS but boots require ice accretion before being operated as they work by pulsing and breaking off the accumulated ice. Better to just stay out of the ice anyway! Allcott