Sign in to follow this  
KenEd

Strange sound problem

On all of my default single engine prop planes I have suddenly developed an engine sound issue which only happens in panel view (both 2-d and VC). I still have some engine noise but it’s as though the base tones of the sound files are missing, or, in some cases, that only the wind’ files are playing. When in outside views all sounds are normal. All other default twin props and jets behave normally in 2-d & VC.I have the same problem in the Quest (but I guess that is because the sound is aliased to the default 208).Just to add the conundrum I have a different, but related problem in the c182 RG Carenado. In cockpit view here I get some sound when throttle is low, but it decreases to zero as I increase the throttle. (I promise you I am not completely ‘round the twist’ yet!!). I thought this might be interference from the Saitek controls, but I get the same problem when I disconnected them and used F2 & F3 to control the throttles. I have no problems when I’m in the Real Air Spitfire or most of the Hawker Heroes single props (other than the Hurricane which also has no VC engine sounds other than described above).Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated and may prevent possible ‘advancing senility’ from turning into ‘arrived senility’.Asus P6TD Deluxe, Intel i7 975 Extreme, 1GB Asus GTX 285 OC,6GB (3x2GB) Corsair Dominator DDR3, 1TB Samsung HD103SJ, 300GB Western Digital WD3000HLFS, 1000W Corsair CMPSU-1000HXUK, Ultra-120-1366RT eXtreme, Coolermaster RC-1100 V2,Creative Soundblaster X-Fi Titanium with Inspire T6200 speakers, Samsung SH-S223C/BEBE, Akasa AK-ICR-07S 3.5", Windows 7 Professional 64 Bit,TH2Go plus 3 x 22” Samsung Syncmaster P2250’s, Saitek Pro Flight Yoke System, Switch Panel and Multi Panel.FS Genesis, UTX-USA, UTX -Europe, My Traffic X, REX2 Overdrive, GEX Europe, Orbx PNW,PFJ,NRM,AUGold, Plan-G.