Sign in to follow this  
Guest panda234

NAMC problem

Wondering if anyone is useing the NAMC twin engine turbo prop and can give me a hand. When I taxi and/or try a take off roll I get extreme pulling to the left. I've checked and rechecked the manual (dosn't mean I didn't miss something, hehe) and can't see where I'm going wrong. I've left it for a few days and then come back to it with a fresh start and still can't find the problem. Looks like a fun aircraft if I can get it off the ground. :-)thxbillg

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

The manual is very clear that you must increase the power slowly and only to 15,000rpm. The red light in the centre of the dash shows that one of your props has auto-feathered, and you need to unfeather it to remove the left turning tendency against the `dead` engine. Guess you probably hit `F4` like normal?It is worth spending more time with the manual, or else you miss out on several important features of this aircraft.Allcott

thx Allcott, didn't notice that in the manual. Well, I prolly did but it went right over my head, argh. I also noticed that I have Version 2, not 2.5, so I'm downloading that now. thx,billg

Hi I got this tip from the AlliedFsgroup website. I dont know if it works with the 2.5 version yet. Go into the aircraft CFG file and look for the line rotation= under {propeller} and put this there: rotation=-1,1 That should clear up the left turning tendency. Hope this helps.

thx Pete, but Allcott had it right--it was a noobie mistake, argh. The prop was feathering on me. There's an option in 2.5 to turn off automatice feathering, which is cool (not that it matters now that I know), but I also found out that you can't take off at full throttle or else the engines will overheat. Took me a while to figure out why they were quitting on me. But now that I have it going I'm some pleased. Using the Hawaii Commuter livery with FS Genesis Hawaii mesh and some addon airports and I'm island hopping and loving it. Nice airplane...thx again!billg

No, don't do that. It's completely unrealistic. The props on YS11's turn the same way and are not handed. It was a foolish post and `solves` a problem that doesn't exist!.Prop rotation has nothing to do with the left turn tendency in this instance. With your tip you'd still be trying to take off on one engine! Better to fix that little problem first by simply obeying the manual than go faffing about in the cfg files.Allcott

Allcott, I'm doing it "by the book." Until now I've just pushed the throttle forward and worried about other stuff. But once you do it, it's kind of cool having to watch your Turbine Gas Temperature and make adjustments to the Fuel Trimmers as necessary while you have all that other stuff going on. Adds a level of realism that I hadn't known existed. Thx again for the tip...billg