Sign in to follow this  
Guest _patrol_

Open letter to Mario Noriega regarding P-166

Guest twsimfan

Mr. Noriega,I would have sent you an e-mail but you left your e-mail address out of the distribution.You P-166 is a beautiful aircraft... and both liveries are very well done. Thank you for such a well crafted airplane.I noted in the readme that there must have been some sound issues with this aircraft. I certainly have some. I'm using a Soundblaster Live card with FS2004. It corrupts my sound card leaving me with no sound... this condition is easily fixed by running the Creative Diagnostics so don't get me wrong... I am not accusing you of breaking my computer or anything like that. :) I first tried it with the alias set to the Baron. The next time I used the reccomended C182rg which I have ported over from FS2002. This didn't help at all. Next I looked at the sound.cfg file in the C182rg and found that it is aliased to the C182. So I tried going direct to the C182 with no change. After that I aliased it to several other aircraft and even tried putting sound folders from some other aircraft into the P-166's folder. Always with the need to run Creative Diagnostics afterward to get my sound back.I use the XP OS and have had this problem with 2 games that run in W98/ME compatibility mode... but they have sound during the game and corrupt the sound card upon exiting them. Actually I have managed to fix the situation with Rally Trophy by changing some sound settings within the game. This leaves SBK01 as the only game that gives me this problem. With the P-166 the sound goes as soon as I load the plane. I have this problem with no other aircraft in FS2004.My best guess is that there is something in the aircraft.cfg file that is corrupting the registers on my sound card. It obviously isn't a corrupt sound file since you provide none. The ones that are used are from other aircraft which work fine.I'm out nothing beyond the download time and what little time I've spent tinkering with the situation trying to make it work. I can remove the aircraft and no longer have a problem. But it is such a beautiful plane I would really like to find an answer for this.Thank you.

Guest Robert_S

Tom,Did you try adjusting the Johnson rod? :-)[table][tr][td valign=top]http://www.avsim.com/other/usaribbon.gif[/td][td valign=center]Bob "FlyBert" StilesAVSIM Moderator[/b][/td][/tr][/table]"Don't stall on me, I have to soar!"~Richard Harvey, 1/21/2003