Sign in to follow this  
roadrabbit316

Active Sky haze layer

With ASE set to give maximum ground visibility of 15 miles and upper visibility of 100 miles plus, ASE appears to add a haze layer which looks as if it is 3,000 ft thick i.e. from ground level up to 3,000 ft altitude. If you only have FSX default scenery any mountains having peaks just above this altitude then have green peaks showing above this layer. Those flying around Scotland will know exactly what I mean (one advantage - it shows clearly where each 'Munro' is situated!).Is there any way I can lift the top of this 'haze layer'? I would like to increase the realism and remove the green peaks. I realise that purchasing photographic or enhanced scenery will remove the greenness of the peaks (and associated trees) but I would like to accomplish the desired effect without cost. :(

Hi,You are seeing the FSX haze layer. You can turn it off or on in ASE, but there is no way to lift this layer up. It's not a weather data generated layer, but a hard coded layer in FSX.