Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

mbr189

Serious lighting issues over here!

Just a couple of things that went wrong with this flight before I had to cancel it....First,both circuit breaker panels just magically disappeared once I reached cruise,and second once the sun set, the dome light (even on "high") started to only illuminate the overhead and the space behind the seats. EDIT **apparently the pics are black for some reason...just click on them to open them up

Even though I haven't had disappearing panels I have noticed the lighting effect you mention(or lack there-of)I fly out of PANC and most of these flights occur during dusk to night transition.The main overhead lite will not always show, which isn't unexpected, during the lighting transitions in FSX, but...........the lite isn't consistent, ie: if I pan around the cockpit it will appear then disappear as I go into and out of different outside lighting conditions.I haven't installed any hotfixes, this has been occurring since the original install. I have seen the hotfix lighting issues that has been pinned, checked my aircraft cfg's and noticed they were different than the recommended new cfg setting. I put those in and still the same.It appears that the cockpit lighting config has issues as the outside lighting changes.This hasn't been a big problem but it does seem to slow the redraws of new scenes, I get that little circle thingy as I change views, it's slight but noticeable. Bob Holt

The interesting fact is that I got that disappearing light issue well after sunset... (I'll try to see if it will do it today as well.)